Marissa McFarren is a passionate and accomplished music educator and performer dedicated to nurturing the musical talents of her students. Her musical journey is characterized by a solid educational foundation, extensive teaching experience, and an impressive performance history.
Marissa earned her Bachelor of Music in Music Education with a specialization in Music PreK-12 from Mansfield University in Pennsylvania, completing her degree in December 2020. This educational achievement laid the groundwork for her future career in music education.
Throughout her career, Marissa has exhibited unwavering commitment to fostering musical excellence in her students. Her teaching experience includes:
– Serving as the Instrumental Music Director at Brownsville Area Schools in Brownsville, PA, since May 2022. In this role, she instructs General Music for grades 3-8, Beginner Band, Middle/High Concert Band, Jazz Band, while also fulfilling duties as the Marching Band Director, Musical Director, and Pit Director.
– As the General Music and Elementary Band Director at Burnsville/Sutton/Flatwoods Elementary Schools in Braxton County, WV, from August 2021 to May 2022, Marissa taught General Music for PreK-5 and Beginner Band while contributing to curriculum development and design.
– Marissa also taught Elementary General Music at Grantsville/Route 40 Elementary in Garrett County, MD, from January 2021 to June 2021, where she provided instruction in General Music for students from PreK to 5th grade.
– During her tenure as a Preschool Music Teacher at Acorns to Oaks in Mansfield, PA, from September 2019 to March 2020, Marissa conducted engaging weekly group music lessons, games, and activities for young learners.
In addition to her primary teaching roles, Marissa offered valuable support through lab opportunities at Mansfield High School and Mansfield University, where she contributed to high school instrumental and choral and instrumental programs, respectively.
Marissa McFarren’s impressive performance history includes participation in various ensembles and productions, such as:
– Mansfield University Wind Ensemble: She showcased her instrumental versatility by performing on Basset Horn, Oboe, and English Horn.
– Mansfield University Marching Band: Marissa’s musical skills were used on the saxophone and in the Pit Percussion section.
– In the Mansfield University Concert Choir, she displayed her vocal talents, excelling as a soprano, alto, and soloist.
– As a Mansfield University Chamber Singers member, Marissa shared her vocal expertise as an alto.
– Her participation as an alto in the Mansfieldians Vocal Jazz ensemble further underscored her vocal prowess.
– Marissa’s instrumental proficiency extended to the Mansfield Symphonic Band, where she showcased her skills on Baritone Saxophone, Alto Saxophone, and Oboe.
– She also lent her talent to numerous musical productions, including “Mary Poppins,” “Annie,” “The Wiz,” “Shrek: The Musical,” “Little Shop of Horrors,” “Singing in the Rain,” “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat,” “High School Musical: On Stage!,” “Cinderella,” “Alice in Wonderland,” “West Side Story,” “Young Frankenstein,” and more.
Notably, Marissa McFarren had the privilege of touring with the Mansfield University Concert Choir and Chamber Singers during their European Tour in 2017. She further solidified her exceptional talent as a three-time performer at the prestigious Carnegie Hall.
Marissa McFarren’s diverse and extensive experiences in music education and performance make her a dynamic and dedicated contributor to the music world. Her unwavering passion for teaching and music is evident in her impressive career achievements, and her ability to inspire the next generation of musicians is truly remarkable.